Cowboy Spud and Veggie Medley taken from Disney Family Fun
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Assorted fresh vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli, summer squash, carrots, and cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh basil or pesto
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/3 to 2 cups of chicken broth
- For each helping, shape a 16-inch-long piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil into a bowl. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces and pile some in the center of each sheet. Add a chopped garlic clove to each pile. Cut or snap the vegetables into bite-sized pieces, then add them to the potatoes and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh basil or pesto to each packet. Top with a thick pat of butter and pour 1/3 cup of chicken broth over the veggies.
- Seal the packets tightly, then place them on the grill over the fire. Check the packets after 10 to 12 minutes, being careful to avoid escaping steam, to see if the vegetables are tender. If not, reseal the packets and heat for another few minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Crock Pot Chocolate Cake taken from Cooks.com
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour into lightly greased 5qt crock pot, metal coffee can or crock pot cake bake pan, and cover
- Cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
Barbecue Steak in Foil taken from Cooks.com
- 8-10 oz. Sirloin tip steak (per serving).
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Classic Barbecue Sauce.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil.
- 2 18-inch squares heavy duty foil.
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Cut the sirloin tip steak into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place steaks cubes in center of foil (shiny side facing inward) and cover with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap up into foil packet or envelope, with seam facing up and with a secure, double fold to retain juices within the packet. Place over sizzling hot coals and cook for an hour or less, according to desired doneness.
Serve with buttered and grilled bulky rolls.
Optional: add a few cubes of your favorite (melting) cheese to the packet. Fresh mushrooms and a few spoonfuls of condensed mushroom soup make another nice variation.
Hamburger Pizza (On the Grill) taken from Cooks.com
- 1 1/4 c. tomato puree
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- Heavy Duty Foil Wrap
- Mix 1/4 cup tomato puree with beef, crumbs, onion, egg and salt. Pat meat into 10 inch circle on 18 inch square fiol making the crust for the pizza, turn up edge about 1/2 inch to hold filling
- Turn foil up and crimp edges about 1 inch away from meat to catch drippings. Spoon remaining tomato puree mixed with garlic and oregano over meat. Top with cheese slices.
- Place pizza on grill 6 inches away from grey coals. Cook 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve with garlic bread.